Can you feel the anticipation in the air? December is almost HERE! Only two more days...! If you’re playing along with me and creating your own December Daily album it’s time to get your pages ready so you can scrap along during the month of December!
In the past month I’ve prepped an album to capture my family’s experience from December 1-25. Read about the process and what I’ve been creating here and here . This past week I finished the cover of my album.
- For the covers, I used a 12x12 raw chipboard sheet (from Green Tangerines), which I cut in half to create a front and back measuring 6"x12" each.
- Then, I covered the fronts with a beautiful white clear-beaded paper. (Sorry, I don’t know the manufacturer, but it’s in the wedding section in the back of the store at GT). I adhered a pearl-linen paper (also from the wedding section) to the backs of those pages for the interior covers. I recommend a strong adhesive around the edges to ensure it stays put! I used my ATG gun, but Zip Dry Glue or the Tombow liquid glue would also work well.
- I used my WeRMemoryKeepers corner chomper to round the corners of the covers
- I created my album title using a variety of products to create dimension and give a sneak peek to the overall look of the products I used inside the album inside glittery reds, silvers, and golds!
- Here’s what I used for the title "25 Days of Christmas Joy":
- (25) American Craft Thickers: chipboard Lullaby in Glitter Rouge
- (Days and Christmas with bird) girls paperie Tinsel & Twig Market Sticker Pack sticker
- (of) Cosmo Cricket: Tiny Type alphabet stickers in Red
- (Joy) My Minds Eye: Lost & Found Union Square Moments Glitter Alphabet Stickers
- Queen & Co. White Snowflake rhinestone shape
- Pop Dots and mini-glue dots (I adhered every item with these except the snowflake, and added pop dots to "Joy" and the "Christmas bird" sticker to add some dimension)
- I decided the edge needed a little "something" so I carefully scraped two rows of clear beads off the left side of my page, then I adhered one of the 12x12 border stickers from the girls paperie market sticker pack.
- Finally, I 3-hole punched the edge with my Crop-a-dile, then added silver eyelets to reinforce the holes.
So, now all I have to do is take a picture or two each day of December, print the photos and add some journaling! I'm prepped and ready!
I’m planning to print my photos once per week in December so I can add them as I go and journal while I can still remember details. Next week, I’ll update you on how it’s going. Would love to hear where you’re at in the process…Have you created a December Daily?