I won’t lie. It’s not easy keeping up with the daily journaling, photo-taking, and creative process with a thousand other things going on. It does take effort. BUT, I will say that having a framework and knowing that I just need to snap a few pictures of what’s going on has made this December Daily process easier. I’m giving myself permission to stop for 10 minutes each day to reflect on what we did, where we went, what we saw. Ten minutes really isn’t so much time.
I’m also realizing that I don’t even have to include pictures on my daily pages if I don’t want to. To quote Ali Edwards, “It’s ok.” I’m also finding that having some “fill-in” photos on days where my pictures didn’t turn out so well is a good thing. In fact, it’s helping me really capture the holiday-goodness that I want to include in my album. So, to be purposeful about it, I sat down and made a list of things I want to photograph or include:
- drinking hot chocolate with marshmellows (see December 8th below)
- our stockings (see December 8th below)
- making our gingerbread house (from a kit, I’m not that crazy)
- our church – decorated for Christmas
- my ‘holiday’ antenna ball
- a stack of our christmas cds, and/or print a list of our itunes holiday playlist
- special decorations around the house
- christmas wrapping paper, wrapping presents
- the tree on christmas eve (with the presents around it)
- the tree christmas morning after the presents are open (aka the house is trashed!)
- the kids with their favorite gift(s)
I’m also collecting memorabilia I want to include. For example, we went to the Nutcracker Ballet last Saturday, so I’m going to include part of the program. I included our Christmas Card from this year, and I’m going to add the sheet of lyrics from the boy & girl scouts caroling night we attended.
So, here’s some pictures of some of my pages from this past week. I picked up some of the new Teresa Collins Noel line at Green Tangerines...and I'm loving it!
So, what's on your list to capture this holiday season?