Green Tangerines Biggest Scrapper Official Rules
1. Contest begins on Monday, January 16th, 2012. You must be registered by 9pm PST on Monday, January 16th, 2012 to compete in this contest. The contest runs for 12 weeks ending on Saturday, April 7th, 2012. Registration fee is $15.
2. To compete in this contest you must make scrapbook pages. Pages must be 8x8, 8.5x11, or 12x12 inch size. Pages must contain at least 1 photograph to qualify. Pages must be made by the contestant to qualify.
3. All pages must be submitted in person at Green Tangerines during normal business hours.
4. All pages submitted must be made on or after January 16th, 2012. To ensure this you must take a before photograph. This photo must include the supplies and photographs you are using on the page in un-scrapped format (i.e. sitting in a pile). You must bring this photo, printed or on your camera, with you when submitting your page. Pages submitted without a before photo will not be accepted.
5. All qualifing pages will be assesed points.
- Simple pages = 1 point
- Complex pages = 3 points
- Journaling on pages = 1 additional point
6. As a general rule of thumb... Simple pages are pages made using photos, flat stickers, and pens or markers. Complex pages include the use of various embellishments such as ribbons, buttons, brads, paint, thickers, etc.
7. To qualify for the additional journaling point your page must include a couple of sentences or more.
8. All scoring is ultimately at the decision of a Green Tangerines staff member.
9. Double page layouts will be scored as 2 individual pages.
10. The maximum amount of points you can score in each week is 40. Each week begins on Monday and ends on Sunday at close of business (5pm PST). Weekly results will be posted on our blog by Tuesday of the following week at 5pm PST.
11. Grand prize winners will be determined by highest amount of points, combining scores from all 12 weeks. In addition, each week the contestant with the most points from that week only will win a scrapbooking prize.
12. The final grand prizes will be paid out in the form of Green Tangerines Gift Cards. The amount will be determined by using the following.
- 75% of all entrance fees will go into the grand prize pool
- if 1-50 contestants are competing there will be 3 grand prizes (1st = 50%, 2nd= 30%, 3rd = 20% of pool)
- if 50-100 contestants are competing there will be 5 grand prizes (1st = 40%, 2nd = 25%, 3rd = 15, 4th & 5th = 10% of pool)
- if more than 100 contestant enter the # of prizes will increase in similar fashion to above, and prize payout structure will be revealed within 48 hours of registration closing
- If there is a tie for 1st place the money from 1st and 2nd place will be combined and split between the tied contestants. This formula will continue down the line for multiple ties.
13. Green Tangerines reserves the right to disqualify contestants at any time if they feel contestants are being dishonest or cheating. Disqualified contestants will not receive a refund of registration fees.